If you’re a gamer, you know what it’s like to be in a slump. Your game is lagging, and it’s frustrating. But there are ways to fix this issue so that your games download faster on Xbox One.
Why is my Xbox download speed slow?
You might have a slow download speed because your connection is slow. If you’re playing games on Xbox One, this can be caused by a number of factors:
- Your IP address may be oversubscribed and causing congestion at the router level–this is especially common when using wireless networks in homes with several devices connected to them at once (such as smart TVs and game consoles). To fix this problem, try using an Ethernet cable instead of WiFi whenever possible and turn off any other network connections throughout your home that are not required for gaming services such as Netflix or Hulu Plus. You can also ask your ISP for help upgrading their service if available; some providers offer discounted rates if customers upgrade their Internet package with higher speeds and/or more bandwidth capacity (the amount of data transfer per second).
How to speed up Xbox downloads by suspending your game
Suspending a game is an easy way to speed up your download and stop it from running in the background.
To suspend a title, open the Xbox One menu and select “My Games & Apps.” Then select the title you want to suspend, press Y on your controller, and then select “Suspend” at the bottom of your screen. Your game will be suspended for as long as you have it selected in My Games & Apps–it won’t go back into memory unless you resume it or delete all traces of it from this menu. Note that suspending a title does not affect its total size; only what’s currently cached on disk is affected by suspending/resuming these games (which can reduce their size by as much as 50%).
Unplug your console.
- Unplug your console.
- Turn off power saving mode.
- Turn off your console.
Shut down any other devices connected to your wireless network.
One of the best ways to speed up your Xbox One’s download speed is by shutting down any other devices connected to your wireless network. If you have a smart TV, turn it off. If you have a smart phone or home automation device that’s connected to your network, do the same thing. In addition to simply disabling these specific devices, we recommend turning off all other devices on your WiFi router (if possible).
Turn off power saving mode.
If you’re playing a game on your Xbox One and it’s getting slow, try turning off power saving mode. This will help boost performance by switching off background tasks like downloading updates or syncing games with the cloud. To do this, go into Settings > System > Power & startup (or Settings > Console settings if you have an advanced console) and select “Turn off” under “System standby.”
Check for firmware updates and install them if available.
To check for firmware updates, you can go to Settings > Help & Support > System Update. If there are any available, they’ll be listed on the page and you can install them by pressing “Update now”.
As far as installing firmware updates on Xbox One, it’s best to do this only when needed because if your console is already up-to-date with all of its current features and functionality then there isn’t really any reason why you should install an update right away. However, if you find yourself in a situation where one of these updates is necessary (for example, if something has gone wrong with your system), then feel free to go ahead and download it immediately!
Adjust your router settings.
- Change the channel on your router
- Use a wired connection instead of wireless (if possible)
- Check for firmware updates and install them if available
- Check for ISP issues by using the Xbox One Network Diagnostic Tool
Adjust NAT type setting on your Xbox One console.
If you’re having trouble downloading games, try adjusting your Xbox One’s network settings. This is a simple process that can help speed up your download speeds.
To change the NAT type on your Xbox One console:
- Open Settings from the main menu.
- Select Network & Internet.
- Scroll down and select Advanced options (if necessary).
NOTE: If this option isn’t available in Settings, then go to the second tab where it says “Advanced Options.”
Check for ISP issues by using the Xbox One Network Diagnostic Tool.
- Go to the Xbox One Network Diagnostic Tool.
- Select your country and language, then click Next.
- Follow the instructions on screen to test your internet connection speed and ping time (how fast it responds). If you have issues with either of these two things, contact your ISP so that they can fix them for you and improve your gaming experience on the Xbox One!
You can make games download faster
If your Xbox One console is experiencing slow download speeds, it’s worth checking what you can do to make sure that the network connection is working properly. The first thing you should do is use the Xbox One Network Diagnostic Tool (NDP). This will show you if there are any issues with your internet service provider or router settings. If these problems aren’t fixed, they may cause slower downloads on other devices connected to them (such as other PCs) and even affect how fast games download on xbox one itself!
Next up: check for ISP issues by using a third party utility like SpeedTest.net or Open Signal; let them run for at least five minutes without interruption before closing them down completely so that no new data has been downloaded yet into RAM memory before running another test later on during this process because doing so means losing all previously saved information which would affect future results when using those same tools again again later after being restarted from scratch each time after closing down without saving anything beforehand beforehand either way since closing down without saving anything beforehand beforehand either way since closing up completely again after restarting each time could potentially result in losing all prior data stored within RAM memory so try not too close out right away once done testing outside just yet – instead wait until everything looks good then hit Next again until finished processing results first thing next morning come back tomorrow morning though :
We hope that we’ve helped you determine why your Xbox downloads are taking so long, and what to do about it. If after following these solutions, your Xbox download speed is still slow, then you should contact Xbox Support to see if they can help or refer back here for more information on specific issues.